- Notice of Intended Marriage Form for people living in NZ – BDM60
- Notice of Intended Marriage for both parties residing outside NZ – BDM 58
- Request for a Marriage Certificate or Printout Form BDM 93M
- Notice of Civil Union – BDM 360
You will need to supply ID such as your passport : copy of divorce papers if divorced: or a copy of a death certificate if your spouse has died.
You need to reside in NZ for three days prior to your wedding taking place and will need to pick up your marriage license from the Births Deaths and Marriages Office in person.
It usually takes 5 working days to process your license so if you have sent it through by email they can have it ready for you to collect soon after your arrival.
- NZ Births Deaths & Marriages Office website – www.dia.govt.nz